Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 28, 2014

Kamusta!!!!!

The MTC is ASTING!!! These first couple of days have been very busy challenging. But it has been so great because of my companion Sister Hamblin and my zone. My zone is very diverse and has I am positive some of the funniest people at the MTC. Its so great they keep it fun! So yesterday Me and Sister Hamblin taught our first investigator, Daryl. YEAH we taught someone in tagolog!!! well kind of haha we sat there for most of it saying mabuti (good) and oo (yes) haha. But we could understand what he was wondering and our now planing our next lesson for him. Our teacher is so asting (amazing) she only teaches to us in tagolog, but she teaches with the spirit and it is such an awesome exerience to feel the spirit through her even though I can only pick apart some of the words that she is saying. "The spirit is a language that everyone can understand". I am learning through this exeriance of learning a languaage to trust in the lord and trust that he will bless me with the gift of tongues if I put forth the effort and struggle. The lord has called me to olongapo and I have to trust in that calling. He knows I can do it!
Another thing that impressed me with learning a new language is how simple the gospel truly is. It is so simple!!! A language forces you to be simple and basic and the gospel is simple and basic. God is our Heavenly Father. We are his children. God loves us!!! Love and the spirit are the language all can understand because we are all made up of those two things.

Mahal, Sister Dahl







No comments:

Post a Comment