Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12 2014

Kamusta Family and Friends!!

The MTC is amazing! The food, the people, the teachers, the branch presidents, the plants(I threw that in there for you mom). As good as the MTC is I know that the philippines is going to be even better!! Whenever our teachers show pictures from their missions in the philippines, I feel so much love for those people that I don't even know yet. 

Where to begin...so this last week our district was just so worn out. Everyday they throw something new at us about the language. We are learning about sentence structure and conjecations right now. Holy crap! I wish I knew what a verb, voul, and adjective where before I got here. Learning a new language makes me think of little Dallas and how she is learning to talk. That is exactly how I feel. I feel like a little toddler trying to put sounds together and make words. It is a very humbling experience. My teachers are amazing! I love them! The other day I was meeting with one of my teachers and was asking her if she went through this stage of learning the language on her mission. She said a quote that I really liked, "there is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone." It is one of the most uncomfortable things to talk to investigators and have to pause every 2 seconds trying to remember words and sounds. But that is the only way that I am going to be able to grow. Just like shawn always told us, you can't be afraid to look dumb. 

So anyway like I said our district was so worn out and mentally so exhausted and having a rough day, but then that night we had a devotional. Elder Anderson came and talked to us. The spirit there was so unreal, well actually REAL! From the moment that he walked in the door and all the missionaries stood up, you could feel the spirit. He talked to us about the Spirit and its power! Just writing this gives me chills. He testified that the spirit is real and tangible thing. Realer then the podium that he stood out realer then the chairs that we sat in. He said, "the things that are seen are temporal and the things that are unseen are eternal". That really hit me. He also said that spiritual experiences come when we don't really expect them, but they come if we have prepared ourselves for them. Spiritual matter is still matter even though we can't see it. about halfway through his talk I was thinking to myself how I wish I could stay in that moment forever because you could feel gods spirit so strongly. Lots of times when we are having spiritual experiences we don't want to leave, thats exactly how I felt when Elder Anderson left, I didn't want him to leave. 

I know that God lives and is real. Even though we can't see him with our eyes, he is there and is more real then anything we can see. I know this gospel is the gospel of Jesus Christ and that he is the head of this gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is the tool god has given us to gather Israel in these last days. I know the prophet is directed by god and leads this church and lastly I know these things through the power of the HOLY GHOST!  

Mahal Kita!!! 

Love, Sister Dahl

the tree smells like cream soda!
we have the best zone here! really though! Its a party! 









No comments:

Post a Comment