Saturday, July 19, 2014

July 19 2014

Wow Wow Wow! This place is unreal! Well actually it is very real, but so amazing! So I want to talk about 3 experiences that I had this week. 

So first off on my district is amazing! I love them so much. We have decided that on every sunday we are going to do priesthood blessings. This was one of the most powerful experiences that I have had with the priesthood. The spirit was so strong in that classroom as these young men, who are barley out of highschool and most of them havent even given blessings gave the most beautiful blessings. There was no denying that these Elders spoke through the power of the Holy Ghost and were speaking for our Heavenly Father. They used words and phrases that I am sure they have never heard themselves speak, it was so amazing!  As they put there hands on my head, I could feel the power of God and his love for me so strongly. It was such a powerful testiment of priesthood power and that the priesthood really is Gods power. 

Second on wednesday our district got to have the privilage of hosting the incoming missionaries. That was also such a great experience. Saying goodbye to family was alot harder then I thought it was going to be and gettting to be there witnessing that special moment for those new missionaries was so great. Mostly because they really dont know what they are getting themselves into, I know I didn't. The MTC is so special. As I would stand there and greet their family and watch there mothers cry as they had to let go of their sons and daughters I couldnt help but think about our Heavenly Father and how hard that was for him to say goodby to all of his children. Luckily we will return to our families after the mission, but our Heavenly Father doesnt really have that confort and assurance. I can't wait to help bring Heavenly Fathers children back to him. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of his beloved children and wants to be with them again. 

Third, probably one of my favorite experiences this week. So Sister McClatchy our teacher was givning us a lesson in class. She had Elder Garate play the role of the investigator and we all took turns teaching him according to his needs for two min. One of his needs was that he didnt know if God excisted because his wife had died recently. When one person was done the next person would start off were they left off. It was really awesome, then we ended with Sister McClatchy. She asked him if he would pray and he accepted. Elder Garate was like "right now" and sister Mc being her sweet self was like "yes please." Elder Garate (Javenboy that was his name. yeah we are super mature) begane to pray. He said "Diyos" almost like he was askind if he was there. He immidiatly began to cry. And the spirit filled the room. We were all crying. I didnt even know what the rest of the prayer was like. It was like God was answering back to him and telling him that he was there and he was listening. It was such a spiritual experience. It just made me think about how if God will answer a fake investigators prayer then what is it going to feel like when we are with the people in the philipines who really dont know if God is there. 

I just love this Gospel of Jesus Christ so much. Christ is everthing. Through christ we can do anything! I know that to be so true. 

Mahal kita

Sister Dahl










No comments:

Post a Comment