Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17 2014

Kamusta Everyone!!!!!

I made it to the Philippines!!!! HOLY MOLY I can't believe this is real life!!!!! We got to the Philippines on 2 fridays ago and stayed at the Philippines MTC for 5 days while they got our visa all worked out. So we got more MTC...yay...not. haha. The the next day they had us go out proselyting in manila. WOW!!!! that was shoking. I was extremely amazed at the culture and the way they live. My companion was the funniest craziest little Filipino Sister Sia. Then on the 13th they bused us to our missions, we went to the mission home and met the President and wife President Dahle and Sister Dahle. LOVE LOVE LOVE them they are amazing! They assigned us our trainers. I got sister Villaviles. She is the tinniest little Filipino. haha she called me fat. haha. I love her! She is such a hard worker and so cute and nice and loving. We went straight to work once we got to the apartment. As the next couple of days settled in and I realized this is real life and my life for the next 17 months I was kind of shocked. The way of life here is so so so different, but really the same. The Filipinos are amazing people and as I am learning to love the food (I ate this week pig skin fried and a delicious pork in blood) (mmm masurap!!), the culture, the heat (its always hot!!!!!) and most importantly the culture, everything is getting easier. Kamusta 
I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to serve a mission. My heart is so full. I know that this gospel is true, and I know that the professes in the scriptures are being fulfilled and will be fulfilled. I know that god loves all of his children. I know that Heavenly Father loves me. He loves me enough to bless me with opportunities to learn a language so that I can learn more of him and learn to trust him (the language is definitely one of the hardest adjustments). I know Christ lives. I know that he is with me always and will never leave me alone, because that is his mission, to succor his people.
Mahal Kita!
Sister Dahl






The sky is so beautiful here. The Salonga family we ran to their house during the storm the lightning is crazy here!! and it was a brown out during the storm so we read from the book of mormon around a little candle. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment