Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 22, 2015

Kamusta Family and Friends!
So this week I have an experience of what not to do as a missionary…haha. On Saturday night me and Sister Pati-on where walking home and we were both so hungry so we decided to stop by a burger stand and grab two hamburgers. At this particular place when you order one burger, you get two, that’s just how it works there I guess. So w went walking off so happy excited to eat our burgers. We sat down and ate them. After I had finished one, I felt full and thought “I don’t really need this other one, why don’t I save it for latter”. Well then another little voice came into my mind and said, “just eat it anyway, that first one was so good.” And what did I do, I listened to that second little voice and ate it and it was really really good! I was happy and extra full. Then we continued on our way home and while we were walking home I noticed a man on the side of the road collecting garbage. He had absolutely nothing, except for his bag full of garbage that he would later take to his boss in exchange for a little amount of money. Then I had a thought come into my mind, “I wish I had something that I could give him. Wait I did have something that I could have given him, I burger. But I wanted to eat that burger even though I didn’t need it.” I continued on my way and felt really bad, because I ignored the voice that first told me to save that burger for later.
Well I learned two things from this experience. 1. Listen to the voice of the spirit. 2. It is better to have what you need and not what you want. I know the joy that I would have felt if I would have given that man the burger would have been a lot better than the appetite that I satisfied and then some. Earlier today I read the parable that Christ gave about the beggar Lazarus, outside of the house of a rich man and how the rich man gave him nothing. I was touched by this parable. It reminded me a lot of the experience that I had earlier that week. I have now resolved to be better this week!
This week also we were able to have Mission president Interviews. I am so grateful to have such an amazing President. President Dahle truly is an inspired man, a man of God. I have learned so much from him from just talking to him for a few short min.  I also got to go on transfers with Sister Rowley this week and was grateful to learn so much from her as well. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary. I know that this work truly is the work of our Savior.
mahal ko kayo palagi!
Sister Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment