Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19, 2014

So pretty much I found one of my best friends here in the Philippines....Sister Mencias! Someone once told me a quote that the people who are your companions are your companions for a reason because you once used to be best friend in heaven. I have no doubt that me and Sister Mencias where best friends in heaven. Me and her just click and we love, love, love working together. Before our training President Dahle made it very clear that we should love everyone and the person we should love the most is our companion. I love her so much! I can't tell you how many times throughout the day we crack up laughing for no reason. 

I look up to so many people here in the Philippines everyone's story is so unique and inspiring. Here is a little about he 3 sisters that I live with right now. 

Sister Mencias (my companion): Sister Mencias father is not a member and she is one of the only members in her family. She has only gotten one letter from her family while she has been on her mission. I admire her for so many qualites, but most of all for her happy personality. She will always be one of my best friends. 

Sister Panal: Sister Panal has been with me the whole time since I have been here in the Philippines. She is 3'7" but that has never stopped her once. I got to go on exchanges with her this week and I loved every second, because she works and works and works like there is no tomorrow. I have never met a more perfect individual. I may not ever be literally looking up to Sister Panal but I am always looking up to her. When little children or people point fingers at her for being different her response is this is the body god wanted to give me, so I love it! Sister Panal also found out after being on her mission for 4 months that her dad passed away. I asked her how she handled that and she said, "I know I have to stay here because that is what God needs me to do" I could go one about this beautiful person for days. There will never be another Sister Panal in my life. 

Sister Diosan: Sister Diosan was baptized about 3 years ago and was a devoted catholic before the missionaries taught her and she was baptized. Her parents kicked her out of the house when she was baptized and she had to fend for herself. When I ask her why she is such a passionate missionary her response is "I have to learn all that I can here so that I can teach it to my family when I get back, I want my family to be baptized" 

I am so thankful for this opportunity to be here on a mission with so many inspirational people. I look up to everyone because everyone in one way or another has gone through something hard, because that is what we signed up for when we came to earth. I love getting to teach the gospel in such simple truths. I am so thankful for the opportunity to learn the beauriful language of tagalog, learning a language has taught me things I would never be able to learn otherwise. Our Heavenly Father knows us perfectly. I know that Christ lives. There are so many times on the mission that I am tired and exhausted, but we just have to keep going. If Christ decided on his mission to give up because he was tired, then the plan would not have worked and we would all be lost. But because he loves us he did it, he overcame EVERYTHING. I know this gospel and church is true 

Sister Dahl




Our last time with the Ducut Family before Ronald goes to work on the cruse ship for 6 months. I love this family!



My dearest sister panel!


They have all of these little colored chicks everywhere here, I love them almost as much as all the children

No comments:

Post a Comment