Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26, 2014

So there is this saying here in the Philippines that they love and I love it too! 
"kapag gusto marami paraan. kapag Ayaw marami dahilan." (i hope I got that right I never really know, I just say what ever I hear) So translated to english, this means. If you want it there is a way, if you don't want it then there are excuses. So I really miss being competitive and even though salvation and exaltation is not a competition, I think Heavenly Father has given us competition to help us grow and push our selves. This week me and Sister Mencias wanted to achieve a goal of 50 new investigators. We told Heavenly Father our plan and then we went out and worked. And when we got home yesterday we were both so exhausted and laying on the ground, but guess what we achieved it!!I know that when we make a plan and if it is good and are willing to put in the effort heavenly father will help us accomplish that goal. 

So yesterday we ran into this women named Juliet, she was just leaving her house to to go the hospital where her son is that has an infection. She is going through a really hard time in her life and we asked her if we could teach her she invited us in and we started teaching her. Sometimes its hard for me when people start spilling out all of their life problems to us because I can't really understand all that they are saying yet because of the language. But it I can always feel the spirit and am able to feel how they feel. I may not be able to give any words of advice to them right now, but I can cry with them as my companion gives them help. 

I am so thankful for this opportunity to be in the Philippines serving a mission. I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon not a day goes by that I don't recieve a answer for my life or the life of our investigators from The Book of Mormon. I know that Christ lives and that his Church is living and growing. I feel so blessed to have this testimony of our Saviors Gospel. 

Mahal na mahal ko kayo! 

Sister Dahl

Zacks baptism


my feet, Im so proud hahaha 

exchages with sis Pilkington. love her shes the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment