Monday, August 24, 2015

August 2, 2015

Hello Family and Friends! 
I don't have much time to write, so I will just send what I sent to President Dahle in my weekly email.

"What another great week of work with Sister Lapena! I am really enjoying our work together. She is a very talented missionary and is teaching me a lot. We have been visiting Brother Alex and his 2 kids this week and they came to church again this week. We teach Brother Alex and his two kids at the home of some members. The members mom has not yet been baptized, but is always present at every lesson because we need to have a Sister present. It has been a great blessing because we are able to teach her at the same time. I know that this Sister will be baptized as well. Her husband past away a couple of years ago and he used to be the branch president here in San Felipe. I learned from this experience that following the rules does truly bring blessings. Because we need to have a Sister present while teaching we are also able to teach Sister Nida as well as Brother Alex! 

I have also enjoyed the experience of cleaning records and finding people that have been inactive for many years now, even if they aren't interested in us teaching them. We found a man named Anthony, Anthony had been baptized about 20 years ago and is now less active. When we started talking to him and getting to know him, he told us that he didn't like that we used The Book of Mormon and he doesn't believe in The Book of Mormon. He honestly had all of his doctrines wrong. We just listened to him and then told him that we would be happy to visit him another time. I also learned a couple of things from this conversation with this Brother. 1. It is very important as missionaries to teach them the doctrine and make sure they understand the doctrine. We must also follow all the requirements before they are baptized. 2. Taking time to ask more about him, his family, his job helped take contention from the conversation. In the end the conversation and experience was a positive one.

I am so blessed to be a missionary. This morning while us Sisters where washing our cloths we were just talking about everything that we have learned from being missionaries, we couldn't stop. I am so blessed to have such a great companion who strives to be her best, it pushed me! And I am so blessed to have The Book of Mormon, I love that book so much."

I love you all so much and love my Savior so much! I love the word Advocate! he is our advocate with the father. So if we have faith in him and follow his gospel and his example he will be happy to plead for our exaltation at the judgment bar with our father. But if we choose not to follow him and keep his commandments then the judgment bar will not be such a happy experience. I know that He lives and I know that his atonement is real. I also know that our relationship with our Savior is real. It is just as real as any other relationship or friendship that we have. Love you all so much! 

Sister Dahl

Alex and his sons. 



Rainy days! 


The greatest, the Rogayan family! Love them so much!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment