Sunday, May 3, 2015

May 3, 2015



During this week I remember having this thought and saying to myself, "wow, I knew a mission would be hard, I knew a mission would be physically, mentally, and emotionally draining, but I never knew it would be this hard". At the same moment I was saying that to myself I was kneeling down to start my fast. about to willfully put myself in more struggle.

There is a promise in Mosiah 2:22&24 that always gives me strength "And behold ALL that HE requires of you is to keep HIS commandments; and HE has PROMISED you that if ye would keep HIS commandments ye should prosper in the land; and HE never doth vary from that which HE hath said; therefore, if ye do keep HIS commandments HE doth bless you and prosper you...HE doth require that ye should do as HE hath commandment you ; for which if ye do, HE doth IMMEDIATELY bless you" As I read this scripture I always ask, "who is the he?" HE is our PERFECT, UNCHANGING, AND ALL KNOWING HEAVENLY FATHER! HE knows us PERFECTLY and knows exactly what we need in order to become like him! 

I felt that promise yesterday while sitting in church and watching all of these young men and women get up and bare their testimonies in Sacrament meeting! I felt that promise as I felt the spirit work through us as missionaries to touch the hearts of those people that we were teaching yesterday, and I felt that promise as I knelt back down again to close my fast because I was able to make it through the struggle of hunger and fatigue. 

I feel so blessed, but the thing I feel the most blessed for is my Savior Jesus Christ and his Atonement! I know that through Christ I can do all things! 

Love you all and love this work! 

Sister Dahl

we love little kittens. but it doesn't like me :(


No comments:

Post a Comment