Tuesday, July 7, 2015

June 14, 2015

Hello my dearest family and friends! 

What a week and what a day! I woke up this morning to find out that my favorite shoes had been chewed up by a dog during that night. Grabi that was quite a challenging and humbling moment that brought me to my knees in prayer. Good thing that dog wasn't around when I found my shoe all over the porch. Anyways this week was crazy and great! The day always starts out extremely hott! We are usually always wet before we go out to work because of sweating and then after walking and working in the hott son for about 4 hours without fail rain clouds will make their way to us! Those rain clouds are blessings from Heaven until one of the lightnings strikes 30 feet away from us and then I start rethinking about how much of a blessing they really are... hahaha! By the end of the night we are usually going back into our house wet again from the rain! Its not always easy everyday to walk outside into the Philippines sun actually it is not easy at all, but something that i have learned is that the Lord loves his children so much! as we talk to people and spread his gospel (and drink lots and lots of water) we are always able to make it through the day! 

I thought that as I served a mission my testimony would get more complicated bigger but if anything it has gotten more and more simple. My testimony is so simple but it is so strong! I have learned to love simplicity! There is nothing more satisfying, reassuring and comforting to know, then that we have a loving heavenly father in heaven! WOW! Christ is our Savior and he lives! He lives! He lives! We have a prophet of God, directed by God on the earth today! We Have the scriptures, the Words of God from the beginning of the world. We have The Book of Mormon, I love that Book with all my heart! We have the house of God here on the earth, the temple! Oh how I miss the temple.And we can inherit all the Our Heavenly Father has if we will just listen to him and follow his commandment. How blessed are we?!?! 

I love each and everyone of you so much! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ so much!  and I love these people here in the Philippines so much! 

Sister Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment