Monday, September 28, 2015

September 20, 2015

Hello to all!! 

So I just want to talk about our wonderful day that me and my companion had yesterday! We got to go to District Conference and here from our wonderful leaders about tithing, fasting, forgiveness, and the inspiriting question of young boy Joseph that lead to the Restoration, "which of all of these churches is true?"

After that we got fed by some members my favorite, chicken curry! Then we went out and worked (my other favorite)! We taught this man who was washing the bike of his 15 year old daughter, it reminded me of my own sweet father who would drop anything to do something for his daughters. We taught him and his wife about the Restoration, our message as missionaries. That is probably one of my most memorable lessons. The spirit was so strong especially as my companion explained the experience of Joseph Smith. Wow, truth is so great! It was undeniable that this man and his wife felt the truthfulness of the message of the restoration. We extended them the invitation to be baptized which he declined nicely. It made me sad, but at least we have the peace that we fulfilled our purpose as missionaries to declare simply the truth of the restored gospel. After that lesson while we were walking to our next appointment me and my companion talked about the lesson. I said, "wow that was a good lesson" she said, "yeah i was filling it" and I replied, "I could feel you feeling it!!" The spirit is amazing!!!

Then we had an interesting experience of teaching our investigators and one of her relatives who is a pasture at a baptist church. After finishing our lesson the pasture asked if he could also share with us. We said sure. He asked us many questions like "are you saved?" "when did you know you were saved?" "have your received eternal life?" and so on and so forth. It was a very interesting experience to hear his opinion on doctrine. At the end we gave him a Book of Mormon and told him that The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and can answer all of our life questions. I love that book so much! We are so blessed to have The Book of Mormon and  need it everyday. 

It states in my call letter, "As you devote your time and attention to serving the Lord, leaving behind all other personal affairs, the Lord will bless you with increased knowledge and testimony of the Restoration and of the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ." How true that promise is!! I love the message of the Restoration, it is a perfect message of truth! 

And at the end of the night when we got back to our apartment and  finished off our day with a nice bowl of EC (its my favorite cereal these days) and my companion had a boiled egg.  

Love the Lord and his work and you all so much!

Sister Dahl

On the way to district conference with the Dela Torre family! They will be getting baptized next week!
 Nanay Aurrora





No comments:

Post a Comment