Sunday, September 6, 2015

September 6, 2015

Hello family and friends!

What a great week! So many new challenges and so many new miracles!
Something I didn't realize that I would enjoy so much on the mission was all the new and wonderful people that I get to meet! There is so much that I can learn from each and every companion, housemate, branch president, the people in each branch and even the random people I get to talk to each day. 

This week while we were coming home from a meeting I was sitting next to this sister on the bus. I immediately started talking to her in Tagalog thinking she was filipina but she was actually Japanese. As I got to know her I found out that she doesn't believe in Christ and in a God. I was surprised and for a little while didn't know how to approach her because it is very rare that you will run into someone here in the Philippines that doesn't believe in Christ. I gave her an the Articals of faith and started explaining to her how we believe in a literal Father in Heaven and in His Son Jesus Christ. It was such a great learning experience for me, and I am sure for her as well.

The picture below is a picture of Nanay Natividad. Nanay Natividad was baptized this last week! I look up to her faith and strength. For the last couple of months she has been walking for 2 hours to get to church in the blazing heat. She has also walked herself to her baptizam! What a great example of real faith!! 

How blessed I am to be a missionary and to get to see the Lords hand in everyday her on the mission! He loves each and everyone of his children so much! He wants the very best for each of us, he wants us to be like him!! I love my Savior! I know he lives and I know that it is only through him that I can return to my Heavenly Father and someday become like him!!! 

Love you all so much! spread the light of the gospel to everyone around you!! 

Sister Dahl

pics: 
The Lovely Nanay Rogayan! 


My lovely kabahay! 

The Baptims of Nanay Natividad

No comments:

Post a Comment