Thursday, December 3, 2015

November 2, 2014

Kamusta Family and Friends! And happy Halloween! 

Another great week! This week we got to teach the Baltista family they are the sweetest and so prepared for the gospel, I can't wait to continue teaching them! Also Tatay Chris the 77 year old that chased us down one day and said he wanted to listen to us...well turns out he is actually a member. He got babtized like 30 years ago but hasn't been since he got baptized. He informed me that he thought I would make a good wife for him because age doesn't matter to him...haha I had to let him know that I didn't think that would be a good idea haha awkward. 

Anyways this week has been so good, another week of working hard! Me and Sister Mencias get along so well together that it almost makes the work hard because we start acting like best friends and not missionaries haha so we make sure we keep ourselves busy by trying to teach as many people as we can throughout the day. 

Last night Elder Oaks spoke at the Philippines Area broadcast for all the members here in the Philippines. I love everthing that he said, but I especially loved about how he made such a focus on the family and strengthening our families. As i meet and observe so many different families here while on the mission I have come to realize that those successful and happy people are the ones that have a strong family foundation. I know that the gospel blesses families. I know that families are what really matter to Heavenly Father because families are Eternal! I am so thankful for this opportunity to be a missionary. I know that Christ lives through his true and living Church. 

Mahal kita

Sister Dahl




That would be Conrads finger, hahaha he is the sweetest guy. He is Tatay Chris's care giver person. Me and Sister Mencias couldn't stop smiling when he came to church with his hair slicked back and in his Sunday best! ahh i love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment