Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 14, 2013

Oh how blessed I am. My heart is filled with so much joy and happiness. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father cares enough about me to show my his path of happiness for me and that I get to be here on a mission with so many amazing people. How sad Heaven would be if I wasn't able to serve a mission and help his children make it back to him. I can't wait for the day when I can rejoice with all my Family and Friends, brothers and sisters in the presence of Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son and Savior Jesus Christ. My heart is so full. What a great time of year!

This last week Brother Jerrico was baptized. I am so happy and proud of him. I love watching the gospel change people. I am realizing that the gospel changes and touches people in different ways. For some people it cleanses them from sin, and gives them hope. For others it gives them a place of refuge and peace, friendship, and a sense of belonging. I know that for Jerrico the gospel has given a sense of belonging and friendship. Jerrico is such a sweet innocent young man and so he hasn’t really had to make any major adjustments in his lifestyle to be baptized, but through the gospel and ward he has been able to find friendship and home. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face when I watched Jerrico enter the water of baptism and walk through the gates of the church building in his white shirt and tie with his Book of Mormon in hand, ready to receive the gift of the holy ghost the next day. ahh my heart was about ready to burst. 

Another experience that really touched me this week was about Tatay Chris and a poor family with no food and no money. So we always go sit and meet and talk to Tatay Chis every tuesday. We do a lot of sitting and listening to him because he doesn't really have anyone to laugh and joke and talk to because he is by himself. He always gives us food to take home even though we really don't need it, he is so nice. We are then able to give the food to people throughout the day that are in need of food. We have been visiting this little family of 4 kids. My heart always melts when I look at the mother who is so weak and skinny trying to feed her children and little baby. All they need is food. We were able to give the food from tatay chris to this little family (shhh dont tell tatay) The little kids faces lit up when they saw the bag of food. My heart was so full. 
I love being a missionary and am so grateful for this gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ. JOY TO THE WORLD! 
Sister Dahl
Baptism of Jerrico.

Sister Nancy. Our bishops wife. I look up to this women so much. Bishop is fighting Cancer right now and she is so strong and so happy despite what her family is going through. Pray for her and bishop!

Tatay Chris.

Iashia (one of the 4 kids with no food) 

oh and shout out to the BYU WOMENS VOLLEYBALL TEAM!!!!! keep it going!!! so happy for you girls!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment